The Document Control Specialist is responsible for managing and maintaining controlled documents related to quality assurance and compliance. This role involves ensuring that documents are up to date, accessible, and meet the regulatory and company standards. The specialist will work closely with various departments to ensure documentation accuracy and integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the document management system, ensuring documents are correctly cataloged, stored, and accessible.
- Ensure that quality-related documents are up to date and comply with current regulations and company standards.
- Learning, understanding, and working with the ACE® Enterprise Quality Management System.
- Collaborate with various departments to collect and verify the accuracy of documents.
- Facilitate the document change control process, ensuring that changes are tracked and approved according to standard operating procedures.
- Train and assist users in the proper creation, storage, and retrieval of documents.
- Conduct regular audits of the document management system to ensure compliance and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage document retrieval for audits and inspections, ensuring that requested documents are provided in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of company documents and information.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives related to document control and quality assurance processes.
- Provide regular reports on the status of documents, highlighting any potential issues or areas of concern.
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in document control or a related field, preferably in a regulated industry.
- Knowledge of quality management systems and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Experience with electronic document management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (OPTIONAL):
- Certification in document control or quality assurance is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Commitment to maintaining high standards of accuracy and consistency in documentation.