Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drug Company, PBC is looking for an experience Facility Maintenance Mechanic. This right candidate for this role should be knowledgeable in maintaining the operation of all production and building systems including but not limited to appliances, HVAC and building equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for responding to systems failures and be experienced in proactive corrective action and completing or outsourcing necessary repairs needed to ensure that all systems within the facility are functional and operational.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general maintenance and repairs on all building systems including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and door sensors.
- Responds to building system errors and takes immediate action to restore services.
- Maintains a schedule of preventative maintenance for the facility.
- Maintains daily equipment and system inspections and is proactive in repairing anything that is not operating to its full capabilities.
- Solve technical issues by discovering the root cause and coming up with both short-term and long-term solutions.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation and record keeping of all repairs and work history reports.
- Maintain a safe a clean work environment following OSHA and FDA standards.
Education and/or Training:
- High school/GED, Associates.
- Technical training preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ability and knowledge to work on HVAC systems, boilers, water/air chillers and HEPA filtration systems to name a few.
- Two to four years’ experience in a commercial maintenance role.
- Experience in Healthcare and/or manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Effective and timely communication.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- This role may require late nights or weekend work and will require flexibility to ensure the facility is operating optimally.
- A natural self-starter.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.